WinUndelete is a recovery program that is capable of retrieving files after they have been deleted from the computer. It can recover files from different locations, such as the computer’s hard drive, an external hard drive, a USB stick, or a memory card. The application makes use of SmartScan technology in order to find files that otherwise can’t be located. Main features of the application are listed below:
• Non-destructive file recovery that does not tamper with files
• Files can be sorted according to category
• Support for searching files even when only part of the name is supplied
• Support for previewing files before recovery process
• Skips zero-length files and Internet files
WinUndelete has an explorer-like interface familiar to most computer users. It also has a scan wizard that guides users through the different steps in recovering deleted files. This is ideal for novice computer users. The main window is divided into three sections. The left panel of the window shows a folder tree view of all the contents of a drive, while the right side displays a list of all the contents in a selected folder. The bottom part of the window is dedicated to the preview area. Command buttons are located at the upper part of the window.