Ultra QuickTime Converter is an application for converting video files such as QuickTime MOV, DivX, Xvid, MP4, and QT. It also converts MPEG1, MPEG2, VCD, SVCD, and DVD files. The conversion is made possible by the program's built-in video decoder. The decoder supports nearly all MOV, MP4, QT, and M4V files without the need for installing the QuickTime Player. The decoding feature of the software performs speedy decompression of video files.
The program has the ability to batch-convert MOV, MP4, M4V, and QT files into other formats. It also has NSTC and PAL setting options for exporting DVD, VCD, and SVCD. NSTC (National Television System Committee) and PAL (Phase Alternating Line) are standards for viewing videos on TV. The differences between NTSC and PAL are the reason why some DVDs or VHS tapes from the US may not play in Europe and vice versa.
Here is a list of other Ultra QuickTime Converter features:
• It has the ability to perform video file conversion in batches.
• QuickTime files may be dragged and dropped from Windows explorer to the application.
• Large video files, including those larger than 2GB, are supported.
• The program executes its functions without reduction in video quality.
• It can convert MOV files to iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, PS3 and other similar formats. It is therefore useful for a variety of portable devices, including Archos, Pocket PC, Palm, XBOX 360, and PSP.