The Godfather: The Game is an action adventure video game that was first released in 2006. It is the first title in The Godfather series of games and it is based on The Godfather movie, which was released in 1972. Several actors from the film, such as Robert Duvall and James Caan, lent their voices to the game. The game has two storylines. The first one follows some of the events seen in the movie. The second storyline is about Aldo Trapani’s rise as the Don of the Corleone family. The game features five mafia families. They are:
• Corleone Family – The Corleone family is based in Little Italy in Manhattan. Their family color is black. Some of the Corleone family members in the game include Vito Corleone, Tom Hagen, Sonny Corleone, Luca Brassi, and Al Nerri.
• Tattaglia Family – The Tattaglia family dominates the streets of Brooklyn. They are the rivals of the Corleone family and family members are distinguished with the color tan. They are leander is Don Philip Tattaglia.
• Barzini Family – The Barzinis are the most affluent family in New York and they are represented by the color green. The antagonist in the game, Don Emilio Barzini, belongs to this family.
• Stacci Family – This family hails from New Jersey. They are represented by the color blue and their head is Don Victor Stracci. The Stacci family is known to be vicious.
• Cuneo Family – The Cuneo’s family color is red. They own some businesses and they come from Hell’s Kitchen in Manhattan. They are lead by Don Carmine Cuneo.
Players need to complete 18 main missions aside from the different tasks for overthrowing the rival families. The player gains experience points in the form of respect. The respect level increases as missions and sub-missions are completed. Aside from these, players also need to control the family’s businesses. The main goal of the game is to rise up the ranks and be the Don of New York city.