Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus is a movie-based video game that offers the player a top-down view of the gaming area. This game is a sequel to its predecessor Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT), another game released by Konami in 2003. The game comes with features that include:
• Four players who can play two different modes simultaneously.
• Cell-shaded graphics in several game environments.
• An ambience that mimics the TMNT classic arcade game.
• Original character voices from the animated series.
• Hidden arcade Easter eggs that can be unlocked by the player.
The player may choose to play as Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, or Leonardo at the start of the game. Casey Jones, Splinter, Slashuur, and Karai are unlockable characters that can be played as the game progresses.
In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus, up to four players can play at the same time in head-to-head or cooperative mode, while playing as their chosen characters. This beat-’em-up game will have players fighting their way against the Shredder and his minions of Foot Ninjas. While each hero possesses unique abilities and characteristics, the player can further enhance their fighting skills by combining over 30 different types of attack moves.