Tales of Monkey Island is an adventure video game that was first released in 2009. It is the fifth installment in the Monkey Island series of games. In the game, players control the character of Guybrush Threepwood, a pirate who accidentally lets loose a voodoo curse in the Gulf of Melange. Players must find a cure for the voodoo pox in order to save the lives of those infected.
The game has an interactive storyline and players must solve puzzles by using the items found in the game. After completing goals, more of the story is revealed. In some cases, the items in the inventory must be combined to come up with the solution to the puzzle. Tales of Monkey Island features five chapters. These are:
1. Launch of the Screaming Narwhal – released in July 2009
2. The Siege of Spinner Cay – released in August 2009
3. Lair of the Leviathan – released in September 2009
4. The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood – released in October 2009
5. Rise of the Pirate God – released in December 2009
Tales of the Monkey Island also features a treasure hunt mode, wherein players must control the character through a maze to find a treasure. The treasure hunt mode can be accessed by finding maps that are scattered on the developer’s website and three Monkey Island fan sites.