SynWrite is a program used for editing source codes. It can be a replacement to the Windows Notepad program. It has a clean user interface that can be operated by both novice and advanced computer users. The main window consists of a Tree Structure located at the left side of the window, while the text area is located at the right. Tools and menus are located at the upper portion of the window. The Tree Structure makes it easier for users to access the different areas of the text, such as the body and the header. One of the main features of the application is highlighting. This makes it easier for users to see text so that they can easily be found later on.
Here are the other features of the application:
• Comes with coding helpers that make it easier for users to do certain tasks, such as closing of brackets and tags, adding date and time stamps, and picking colors
• Has support for binary plugins, such as FTP clients, and explorer panels
• Supports almost any type of encoding
• Has a search and replace feature that can be used for regular expressions
• Can work with different external tools used for coding