Street Fighter IV is a fighting video game released in 2008. The game is set between Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III. It features 19 characters, 17 regular characters and two secret characters. The playable characters are a mixture of the old Street Fighter characters (Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, Vega, Balrog, etc.) and new characters. Some of the new characters include:
• El Fuerte – a Mexican aspiring chef who is also a professional wrestler
• Gouken – Ryu and Ken’s master who is also the Akuma’s brother
• Crimson Viper – an American spy who enters the tournament for testing purposes
• Abel – a French man who makes use of sambo, a Russian martial art, to defeat opponents
• Rufus – a large fighter who enters the tournament in order to beat Ken and be the best fighter in the US
One of the new features in the game is Focus Attacks. This allows the player to take in an attack and use it to do a counterattack on the opponent. The player who gets hit and uses the Focus Attack still gets a deduction on the health meter. However, the deduction may be replenished afterwards. Another addition is the Ultra Combo, which features a cinematic move from the character.