SnapShot is a simple program used for getting screenshots of the computer. Users can capture the entire desktop window or just a portion of the screen and save it in different file formats including PNG and JPG. The program comes with its own email engine. This allows users to send the screenshots through email straight from the program’s interface.
The program has a simple and intuitive user interface that is easy to use for everyone. Tools are located at the upper portion of the window. Users can organize all their screenshots from the main window. Under the Preferences window, users can select an external image editor to use with the application. The image quality for the screenshot can be tweaked as well (from best compression to best quality). Users can set hotkeys for the application in order to be able to capture screenshots by just pressing on the designated hotkeys for the task.
Here are the other features of the SnapShot application:
• Support for dual-view monitors and multiple monitors
• Supports a wide variety of file formats including PSD, TIFF, GIF, PCX, BMP, and others
• Automatically generates filenames for the screenshots
• Support for FTP (File Transfer Protocol) for sending screenshots
• Plays a sound when capturing images