SmartWhois is a program that enables users to get information on a domain, hostname, or an IP address. Some information that can be acquired includes the owner of the domain, network provider, technical support information, city, and others. The program is simple to use, even for those who are not computer savvy. It also comes with a help manual for beginners. All information gathered using the program can be saved in a database that the user can access online. One of the application’s main features is batch processing that allows users to check information for several domains simultaneously.
The program is useful for those who often utilize whois tools. It can also be a way to track spam emails and messages. Webmasters who are monitoring or studying logs can also make use of the program on several IP addresses.
Here are the program’s main features:
• Program is fully customizable according to the user’s preference
• Has smart operation that looks up whois data in the correct database all the time
• Results of queries can be saved in a database that is accessible even when the computer is not connected to the Internet
• Has support for SOCKS5 firewall
• Results from the program can be cached