ScanMyReg is a program used for optimizing the computer’s registry. It scans the system and looks for unnecessary files and errors. The program removes the junk files and repairs the errors. In addition, the application defragments the system to make programs launch faster. The application’s main window is divided into different sections. They are:
• Status – The status tab offers three options to the user – scan registry errors, optimize and defrag registry, and back up registry files.
• Scan Registry – Under this tab, users can view a list of all the errors found in the system. It displays information, such as the root key, sub key, value name, and data of each entry. Users can place a check mark beside an item and click on the “Fix Errors” button to fix the error.
• Defrag Registry – This tab allows users to defragment and optimize the computer’s registry. The window displays the last time the computer was defragmented.
• Backup Registry – The Backup Registry tab allows users to keep a backup copy of the registry before changes are made. This enables users to restore the system back to its working state in the event that the computer crashes after files are deleted from the system.
• Settings – Under the settings window, users can change the language, skin, scan areas, and manage the exclusion list.