SAS Enterprise Guide is a programming application that generates SAS codes to manipulate data and run reports. With this program, users can either generate data to ODS Statements or Macro Variables. It has a user-friendly point-and-click interface that makes it easy for beginners and experts alike to construct and analyze SAS codes.
The guide has new program editor that has an auto-completion for over hundred SAS statements, procedures, and options. Additionally, it has a built-in syntax checker and function help, parenthesis matching, and an automatic code formatting. This helps prevent the programmer from committing errors in the code. Scatter plots, bubble plots, and tile charts can now be viewed from the OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) Analyzer as well. It also creates a graph based on the data once the OLAP cube is opened. Complex SAS programs can be identified through analyzing codes and converting these to a process flow diagram.
Other features include:
• pass-through mode for queries that use project files, data files, and SAS programs from an external reference
• open reports created with the SAS Web Report Studio
• recently viewed files can be opened from the file menu
• option to automatically add output data to the project tree after running a task or program
• Sends data file from SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 to JMP