RegGenie is a simple application that allows users to easily clean up and optimize their computers. The program scans the system and looks for errors and junk files that may be causing the computer to slow down. It then removes these files from the computer to keep the system in tiptop condition. The program has a wizard interface, which makes it easy to use even for novice computer users. The application cones with five tools that can all be accessed from the main window. They are:
• Scan & Fix – The Scan & Fix feature scans the system and removes all errors and junk files, such as empty registry keys and shortcuts that lead to nowhere.
• Registry Backup – This tool allows the user to backup the system before doing any changes and removing items in the registry. This is useful for restoring the system in a working state in case it crashes when items are removed.
• Registry Defrag – The registry defrag tool defragments the components in the system so that launching applications and booting up the computer will be much faster.
• Statistics – The statistics window shows the state of the computer and the results of previous scans.
• Windows Startup Manager – This tool allows users to manage the programs that run during system startup. Removing unnecessary programs from the startup list makes the system boot up faster.