Quran Auto Reciter is an application that allows users to read and listen to the Quran, or Koran. This utility not only provides the text but also audio readings of the book. The program interface is intuitive and consists of text boxes, a media player, and a settings area where users can customize the reciter to suit their needs. The application is equipped with a Help file for first-time users and for those who want to know more about the program.
A key feature of the program is its scheduler, which allows the user to set the time for the reminders for the five prayers Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. The schedule is set using pull-down calendars. Readings and lectures from the Koran can also be selected from the menu and played on a set schedule.
The application comes with special features to suit user preferences.
• Multiple languages. The program supports transliteration into different languages, including Dutch, Spanish, French, Turkish, and Bosnian.
• Configuration for automatic launch at a specified time.
• Prayer timings of local mosques or majids can be configured so users will be reminded when it is time to pray.
• Readings and lectures by respected scholars.
• Recorded audio from many well-known reciters.
The Koran script can be read in Simple Arabic font or Uthmani font. Users can also view text in various styles of Arabic calligraphy.