Psychonauts is a platform video game that was first released in 2005. The story revolves around Raz, a psychic who leaves the circus and goes to a summer camp for psychics called Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. Upon arriving at the camp, Raz learns that someone has been stealing the brains of the psychic students. The player must explore the grounds of the camp to solve the mystery. The game features different character levels that offer different kinds of challenges.
Players can improve the character’s psychic abilities by increasing the Psi Ranking. There are different skills that can be improved including confusion, invisibility, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and levitation. Improving these skills will help the player beat enemies and solve different puzzles that are encountered in each level. Furthermore, players can collect items in the game world to help solve the puzzles. Players are free to roam around the game world and enter the minds of the characters through a door on their forehead. To move on to the next level, the player must defeat the boss that symbolizes the enemy’s mental problem. Some of the important characters in the game are:
• Razputin – Razputin or Raz is the main character in the game that has psychic abilities.
• Lili – Lili also has psychic abilities and is the love interest of Raz.
• Milla – Milla is a Psychonaut agent that is skilled in levitation.
• Coach Oleander – Coach Oleander or Morry is the chief coach in the summer camp.
• Sasha – Sasha is also a Psychonaut agent who works together with Milla.