Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, or just PES 2008, is a football sports game by Konami which is the seventh entry to the Pro Evolution Soccer game series and was first released on October 26, 2007 in Europe. The game is also the first in the series to include a year and not its version. The game features the 1 unlicensed league (Premier League), 4 licensed leagues (Liga BBVA, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, and Seire A), and 18 generic teams (i.e. Team A, B, C, and so on). The generic leagues are fully customizable like previous PES games.
PES 2008 offers one major improvement called Teamvision. This is PES 2008’s new AI system, which provides an improved AI programming capable of learning and adapting the player’s style of play. This way, the AIs learns new ways on how to attack and counter the player.
The game offers six game modes including:
• Exhibition – This mode provides a standard option to begin a match after choosing the pre-game options.
• Master League – This is the game’s main game mode, wherein the player chooses a team to play on a series of seasons. In this mode, the player does not only help the team to win, but also has to manage the financial aspect of the team, growth development, and others.
• League – In a league competition, up to 20 players are allowed to play. There’s also an option to add a cup competition.
• Cup – 32 players are allowed to play in this mode. Two types of game can be played here – knockout cup competition or group league.
• Online Mode – Players can also play with other players online through the online mode.
• Training – This mode is for training purposes.