PowerGUI is a free system utility used by system administrators to manage the Windows Powershell. Powershell is the task automation network for Microsoft operating systems. With Powershell, administrators are able to perform their tasks on both local and remote Windows systems. PowerGUI, on the other hand, is a graphical user interface and script editor for Microsoft Powershell. Powershell is the actual connections on a circuit board while this software is the circuit board.
This software has five key features including the following:
• CustomAdmin – This feature allows user to customize the user interface to display those scripts, URLs, and important contact information, which are used on a more frequent basis.
• PowerPacks – This feature allows the user to save time developing Powershell scripts for specific tasks. PowerPacks shows a list of common Powershell scripts, which users can easily pull and use.
• PerfectScript – This feature makes use of an Integrated Development Environment, which allows users to troubleshoot their scripts faster, perform debugging and other functions related to script writing.
• ShowScript- This feature allows users to view their scripts as they are being done.
• Point, Click, Script – This feature pertains to the actual graphical user interface which displays the Powershell commands and allowing selection using the mouse.