PlexTools Professional LE is a program for multimedia content and drives. It is created by Plextor SA/NV and intended to provide support for Plextor’s hardware products. The primary functions of this program are the following:
• Plays, burns, and copies multimedia content (video and audio files) into CDs, DVDs, or karaoke disks
• Controls specific functions of Plextor hardware products
• Provides testing utilities for optical drives and applications
• Runs a diagnostic or CD and DVD Read test
• Has optional password security for controlled access
This application is designed with a graphical user interface (GUI) that is easy to use and navigate, even by first time operators of the program. The interface displays several command buttons. It is actually selected from the toolbar provided for easy and convenient usage. These are “Password Protection”, “Backup Maker”, “Video Capture”, “Audio Capture”, “CD+G/KaraokeCD”, and Beta/Jitter Test”.
The Video and Audio Capture is selected to capture and copy either audios or videos. In CD+G/KaraokeCD, it allows users to read, write, or copy files into CD+G karaoke discs. The Backup Maker enables users to backup any files in folders or directors, to CDs or disks, and USB flash drives.
The first version of PlexTools Professional LE, considered as the standard version, has been discontinued since April 2003. It has since been replaced by a newer and more advanced version.