PhotomatixEssentials is a multimedia application that is used for processing HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. It was first released in 2012. The program supports different image file formats including RAW, PSD, TIFF, and JPEG. It has a simple user interface that has a wizard to help beginners utilize the features of the program. It also has a user manual and a video tutorial that can be useful for those who have little experience in photo editing.
The program comes with a set of features that enable users to have complete control over the appearance of the image. One of the main features of the application is its ability to align photos that are taken without a tripod. It can also lessen the noise on images. The application makes use of 3 methods for processing HDR images. These are Tone Compressor Tone Mapping, Details Enhancer, and Exposure Fusion.
More of the program’s key features are as follows:
• Users have control over different areas including luminosity, smoothing, temperature, contrast, and brightness
• Preview changes to images with just one click
• Capable of automatically removing ghosts on images
• Can be used by both novice and advanced computer users
• Does not need another application in order to work