PerformanceTest is a computer testing and benchmarking application that allows users to view the state of the computer. The program comes with more than 30 benchmark tests that are separated into five suites. There are also seven advanced testing benchmarking tools for Windows. The five standard test suites included are:
• Memory Tests – monitors the system’s efficiency and memory speed
• CPU Tests – checks compression, encryption, mathematical operations, and SSE
• Disk Tests – checks reading and writing in disk files
• 2D Graphics Tests – monitors bitmaps, elements of GUIs, texts, and drawing lines
• 3D Graphics Tests – monitors both simple and complex animations and 3D graphics
One of the main features of the PerformanceTest application is PassMark Rating, which compares the results of the tests to the benchmark results. This comparison can help the user determine the state of the computer when compared with other systems. The application comes with six baseline results, but users can download more from the program’s online database.
Aside from the five basic tests, users can also do advanced testing to the system. In advanced testing, users can create their own tests or scenarios to have an accurate reading of the system’s performance. The tests can be customized by adjusting the input parameters.