PC-Telephone is a simple program that allows users to make phone calls, and send data and faxes using the computer. Once the application is installed in the computer, users must have a calling card in order to make use of the program’s services. The application has a simple user interface that is easy to operate for both novice and advanced computer users. On the left panel of the window, users can see a tree view of all the different locations including Voicemail, Phonebook, Outbox, Journal, and Connections. The number pad is located at the right portion of the main window.
Under the Setup window, users can change the different settings for the application including the incoming tone and the outgoing tone. Users can also set the program to automatically startup up as soon as the computer boots. More of the program’s key features are as follows:
• Call forwarding, call scheduling, and call waiting
• Support for scheduled data transfer to a contact
• Users can create several mailboxes for voice mails for different contacts
• Has call screening feature that allows users to listen to voice mails in realtime
• Comes with duplex recording feature for recording phone conversations that occur on the computer