Overspeed is a street racing game set in Los Angeles. Players have the option to choose one of 10 cars as they try to beat other racers and be the best underground racer in LA. Races happen at nighttime. Winning a race gives the player car parts and even a new car. Players get the chance to modify the car to make it faster, thus making it easier to beat opponents in future races. Modifications are done part by part, as the car can be disassembled and re-assembled using chosen parts. There are five parts of the vehicle that can be tuned in order to upgrade the car’s performance:
• Efficiency – The car must be kept efficient in order to gain speed.
• Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous Oxide can be installed for a momentary speed boost during the race.
• Exhaust System – Improve the exhaust system to improve the car’s acceleration.
• Door sills, Diffuser, and Spoiler – These parts must be installed in order to make the vehicle more aerodynamic.
• Stiff Chasis – Improving this car part will make it easier for the player to have a smooth move during turns.
Overspeed can be played in career mode or in multiplayer mode. Multiplayer mode allows the player to race against 7 other players.