Norton SystemWorks is a computer system utilities package developed and distributed by Symantec Corporation. It includes several tools for enhancing, protecting, and fixing different aspects of the computer system. The program’s interface is intuitive and straightforward. Once launched, it displays all available tasks that the program can perform. The program offers different built-in utilities for each task.
Norton SystemWorks can perform the following functions:
• Find and Fix Problems – The program is capable of finding any problem in the computer system. All detected problems can be fixed depending on actions the user takes. The program includes three utilities that can help perform this task – One Button Checkup, WinDoctor, and Norton Disk Doctor.
• Monitor System Performance – The application is also capable of monitoring and diagnosing the computer’s performance to help keep track of possible problems. It features four tools that can help achieve this task – Norton System Doctor, Process Viewer, Performance Test, and CheckIt Diagnostics.
• Clean Up – To help remove unwanted and temporary files (i.e. history, cache, cookies, etc.), Norton SystemWorks offers three options for cleaning up the system – Express Cleanup, Custom Cleanup, and Cleanup Options.
• Optimize PC – To enhance computer performance, the program features the following system utilities – Norton Speed Disk, Connection Keep Alive, System Optimizer, and Startup Application Manager.
• Erase/Rescue Unwanted and Deleted Data – The program has a single tool for removing unwanted data called Wipe Info. For rescuing deleted data, users can use the UnErase Wizard.
Norton SystemWorks was officially discontinued in 2004 and was replaced by Norton Utilities.