Multi Password Recovery, often abbreviated to MPR, is a password recovery program that is capable of retrieving lost or forgotten passwords from more than a hundred types of programs. It recovers passwords in a short amount of time, even those passwords that are displayed as asterisks. The list of passwords recovered can be placed in a report or log file and saved for future reference. An additional security feature allows the user to create a password for the report to prevent unauthorized users from viewing sensitive data. Below is a list of some of programs supported by the application:
• Web browsers – Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, and Opera
• Email clients – Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Gmail Notifier, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Opera Email Client
• Instant messengers – Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Pidgin, and AOL Instant Messenger
• FTP clients – Net Drive, SecureFX, WebDrive, TurboFTP, and FileZilla
• Other programs – CamFrog, Club Timer, Windows Registration Key, FreeCall, and Microsoft Access
The application’s main window is divided into two sections. The left side of the window displays a tree-view of folders and sub-folders of various accounts from different programs. The right side of the window displays information about the selected file/folder.