MP3 Audio Mixer is a recording and mixing program that allows users to edit and mix MP3, WMA, and WAV files. The program has a simple and intuitive graphical user interface that allows beginners to come up with audio tracks. The application’s main window displays all the command buttons at the top portion of the screen (new, open, save, record, zoom in, zoom out, play, rewind, etc). Users can use tracks on the hard drive and record their own tracks via a microphone or line-in.
The application allows users to edit sound in a non-destructive manner. One of the features of the application is the Sound Group. This feature is useful for editing sounds using several tracks. With this feature, users can group together similar sounds in just one sound group instead of separating them into different tracks. Other features of the program include the following:
• Control the volume, pan, and playback for the audio tracks
• Import entire playlists to create mixes of several songs
• Export mixes straight for streaming on the Internet
• Create ringtones for mobile phones
• Export mixes as a single track or multiple tracks
Finished projects can be saved as Wave, WMA, RealAudio file, or MP3.