Mobile Broadband Connect is an Internet connection device supported by a wireless wide area network (WWAN) that affords users a high speed connection and access to the World Wide Web (www) through the use of a portable device. The technology empowers the users to surf the Internet anywhere as long as the area has a GSM or CDMA-based cellular service. The wireless device connects to the Internet via 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 4G.
This application enables users to configure their mobile devices and to view the information related to the following:
• Data card – Comes in the form of a PC card, USB type card, or Express Card and enables users to connect online
• Subscriber Identification Module – A removable card that stores data subscriber information so users can be identified and authenticated.
• Access Point Name – Given by the user’s mobile operator to establish network access and offersin different kind of services according to the user’s preference.
• AutoConnect – It enables users to set up connection automatically through the mobile broadband connection manager.
• AutoSelect – With this feature, users can choose any available mobile operator to access the Web.
Furthermore, Mobile Broadband Connect allows users to send and receive e-mails, browse websites for various types of online content, and access their social networking accounts.