Maya is a 3D animation program that is made up of several tools for modeling, animation, compositing, and rendering. It is used for game development, visual effects, post production, and other 3D projects. Here are some of the features of Maya:
• Animation Tools – The program makes use of a non-destructive layering system that allows artists to mix, blend, and edit clips. Motion trails are also editable in order to come up with smooth motions when animating.
• Character Creation – The character creation tool makes use of advance muscle deformation tools for realistic muscle and skin movements. Non-destructive editing allows users to change the joints of the skeleton.
• Fluid Effects – The application consists of clouds, steam, flames, mud, oceans, and other presets for creating realistic effects.
• nCloth – Maya nCloth enables users to create realistic clothing. Users can use different cloth attributes, such as dent, stretch, and bend.
• Hair and Fur – The Maya hair toolset consists of realistic hair and fur including buns, dreadlocks, sheep fur, grass, etc.
Maya also consists of several rendering tools. Renderers integrated into the program are mental ray, vector renderer, and hardware renderer. In addition, users can also use a third-party renderer for creating projects.