MasterCook is an application that allows users to manage their recipe collection. Users can categorize all their recipes and name them according to type to make it easier to look for specific recipes. The program also allows users to keep a list of ingredients needed from the grocery store, which makes it easier to see which items are missing from the pantry. Furthermore, users can send their recipes to friends and contacts through email. Other main features of the application are listed below:
• Support for fractions and decimals for ingredient measurements
• Has built-in unit conversion helper that enables users to easily convert solid and liquid measurements
• Font size of recipes can be adjusted for a better view
• Can be synchronized with the MasterCook online account
• Recipes from the Internet can be saved into the program for organizing
With the application, users are also able to create backups on online storage services, such as Dropbox and SkyDrive. This enables users to access their recipes using a mobile device. The program also has a search feature that allows users to look for recipes according to different categories, such as time of cooking, food types, and ingredients used. The program also lists down nutrient information for food types and recipes.