Luxor is a puzzle tile-matching video game first released in 2005. The aim of the game is to eliminate all the colored balls on the screen by matching three or more balls of the same color. This can be done by shooting random colored balls from a scarab. During the game, the chain of balls continually moves towards a pyramid. They are pushed by little scarab balls. When the ball reaches the pyramid, the game is over and players must start the level again.
Players can also get power-ups that can be used to win a level easier. Here are some of the level-ups available:
• Reverse – the reverse power-up reverses the movement of the chain of balls and moves away from the pyramid for a few seconds
• Slow – slows down the movement of the balls for a few seconds
• Stop – stops the movement of the balls for a few seconds to allow more accurate shooting
• Color Bomb – a color bomb can appear in any color; it destroys all balls of the same color
• Lightning – shoots out a lighting that removes all the balls it passes
Luxor offers different modes of difficulty. As the player progresses, the game gets more difficult, too.