Keyboard Test is a tool that checks if all the keys on the keyboard are working properly. Some of the things that are checked include the typing speed, the scan codes, and the LED. The tool is able to monitor the behavior of custom keyboards, but users are free to make new keyboard layouts for testing. Additional layouts can also be downloaded from the application’s official website. The software comes with a help file that will guide users through the process of using the different parts of the program.
Other features of the application are the following:
• Supports a hundred keyboards for testing
• Support for different types of keyboards (USB, wireless, and PS/2)
• Capable of measuring the delay when pressing key after key
• Logs keyboard information, such as the operator ID and the serial number
• Support for batch mode testing
The application’s user interface shows a keyboard layout. When testing, the keys that are pressed are highlighted in different colors. Keys highlighted in green are fully functional keys, red keys are the ones pressed, yellow keys cannot be tested, and blue keys are those that failed the test. Users can also see which keys are being under-pressed or over-pressed.