Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate is a turn-based strategy game developed by Nival Interactive. The game serves as an expansion pack in the Heroes of Might and Magic series. A player can choose the character to be played. Each character possesses skills based on their race. The character can upgrade the skill or learn a new one. Different characters also belong to different native factions. The Factions in the game are:
• Haven- populated by humans and ruled by a religious warlord
• Inferno- underworld kingdom of demons
• Necropolis- a faction of corrupt wizards
• Dungeon- populated by dark elves in an underground empire
• Sylvan- Elvish population with strengths in archery
• Academy- a faction with wizards and magical creatures
There are several additions in Hammers of Fate. The Fortress Faction run by dwarves is added to the original factions. Another addition is comprised of three campaigns. There are also four new creatures added, as well as fourteen artifacts. In addition to the Fortress Faction, the game also features a sub-faction. The creatures in the sub-faction cannot be recruited in missions.
Hammers of Fate has improved mechanics and gameplay. The expansion pack includes a random map generator and detailed character appearances. The gamers are given simultaneous turns during multiplayer modes. The simultaneous turn option is only possible to use in the course of the first conflict.