Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Winds of War is the second expansion pack for the fourth title in the Heroes of Might and Magic series of games. The expansion pack was released in 2003, a year after the release of the base game. In this expansion pack, players assume the role of a leader in different campaigns in order to take over the Kingdom of Channon. There are six campaigns available in the game.
• The Magnificent One – features the story of Mysterio the Magnificent, a mage who wants to learn the secret of being immortal.
• To Rule the World – features Spazz Maticus, a witch who takes charge of an island and wants to expand his nation.
• Barbarian Hordes – features Mongo, a barbarian who must overpower the kingdom of Channon.
• Death March – features Baron Von Tarkin, a dark Lord who wants to take over kingdoms.
• Enough is Enough – features Erutan Revol, a beastmaster who assaults Channon for cutting down trees.
• The Last Bastion – features the last battle with Rylos.
In the last campaign, players are free to choose from the five different heroes that were used from the previous campaigns. The expansion pack also comes with a campaign editor.