GridinSoft Trojan Killer is an application that gets rid of threats that are present in the computer. It does this by scanning the system and checking if there are files or processes that are related to threats. It then gets rid of these items. The program’s interface is simple. It has five icons located at the top portion of the screen. These are Scan, Update, Tools, Settings, and Help. Threats detected by the application are immediately entered into the program’s database for easier detection the next time. The application is simple and easy to use even for novice computer users. The program makes use of five different scan methods. They are:
• Quick Scan – In Quick Scan, the program goes through the areas of the computer that are most critical.
• Full Scan – In this scan mode, the application checks the hard drives and all the components of the system.
• Explore – This method focuses on scanning extensions and ActiveX components.
• Removable Scan – This mode scans all devices that are connected to the computer, such as USB thumb drives and portable hard drives.
• Custom Scan – This mode allows the user to choose which parts of the system to scan.