Gmail Growl is a small tool that notifies the user whenever there are new emails in their Gmail account. The program can also send users notifications through the iPhone. The application is easy to install. When it launches, it silently runs in the background and gives an alert when a new email arrives. Users can click on its icon on the tray bar and see how many emails are unread. Users can also access the program’s main menu in order to open the email account, create a new mail, or change email preferences.
The program also comes with a settings window that allows users to change the application’s behavior. Users can change the settings for the Accounts, Behaviour, and Proxy. The application can be set to automatically launch as soon as the system boots up. There is also an option to place the application’s icon on the taskbar or the tray bar.
Here are the other features of the Gmail Growl program:
• Does not clog up system resources as it runs in the background
• Quick access to emails from the desktop tray
• Support for hotkeys when composing from the clipboard
• Automatically detects changes in the network
• Support for automatically updating itself