The Genero Desktop Client is a programming application that serves as a graphical front-end for the Genero Runtime System. This application may also be used with ActiveX in order to embed it in an HTML page through the browser Internet Explorer. Once installed, the application enables users to configure different options in the preferences panel, including the default icon, font, and the path to local images. This application may be used in computers running on Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
One of the features of this application is the Shortcut Wizard, which guides users through the process of creating shortcuts. In addition, this desktop client provides users with the ability to do the following:
• Create customized login boxes
• Debug items in the logging system and debug console
• View the application handled by the desktop client
• Launch programs with the specified parameters that have been configured in the shortcuts
• Manage and utilize created shortcuts to launch programs
The Genero Desktop Client allows users to use the command line for programming tasks. Users can create action views for local actions such as cut, copy, and paste. With this application, users will be able to customize other program features such as table navigation. Programmers may use images, accelerators, or comments in their work.