Galactic Civilizations II - Dark Avatar is the initial of two expansion packs for the game Dread Lords. It is developed by the company Stardock and was first released in 2007 as part of a box containing the Gold Edition, and as a separate expansion pack, which users can download. The plot revolves around the invasion of the Drengin Empire over the galaxy, which forces the Terrans to go back to the Earth. The Terrans have built a stronghold around their kingdom and the player, who takes on the role of the Drengin Dark Avatar is tasked to stop the complete annihilation of the Korath. In this expansion pack, two Drengin races will fall and will be replaced with two new ones.
Some of the most significant added features of Galactic Civilizations II - Dark Avatar include the following:
• Two races called the Korath and the Krynn;
• A new Drengin Empire offensive led by the player;
• Customization of the player’s opponents;
• Detailed statistics on various environments, which will aid the player in identifying colonizing tendencies of each civilization and the technologies required to take over another race; and
• A wide array of ship embellishments and hulls
The player also has the ability to select the skills, weaknesses, and government of his race.