Free Audio Recorder is a program used for audio recording. It supports recording in different formats, such as OGG, MP3, and WAV. Different input devices can be used, such as a microphone, cassette player, CD player, online radio, or just about anything that can be heard from the computer. The application has a simple and straightforward interface that consists of command buttons and tabs. The command buttons are record, pause, and stop. The different tabs on the main window are Log, Device, Recording, Output, File, and Music. Under each of these tabs are settings for the program’s behavior.
Other features of the Free Audio Recorder are the following:
• Application keeps a log file of all the activities done as a reference
• Makes use of high quality audio recording
• Support for different types of sound cards
• Support for printing out details of sound device used
• Support for ripping “on the fly” and does not place temporary files
Free Audio Recorder is a simple program that novice computer users will be able to use. The settings for the application’s behavior can be changed by simply choosing from different options and adding information on fields. The program is light on the computer and does not clog up system resources.