FortiClient SSLVPN is a security suite for mobile devices, laptops, tablets, and PCs. It was developed by Fortinet Inc. and it was designed to work with the Unified threat management features of FortiGate for endpoints on private user and enterprise networks. FortiClient allows every device – remote or local, mobile or stationary – to integrate seamlessly with Fortigate.
To install the browser plug-in or the stand alone SSL VPN Client, the user must have root/administrator privileges on the client PC/laptop/tablet/mobile device. There are no license fees charged on a per-seat basis, taking out the hassle out of administering over multiple endpoints. This feature allows users, including guests, to work anywhere efficiently, without compromising security. Other features include Web filtering, WAN optimization, SSL and IPsec VPN, anti-malware/anti-virus, an application firewall.
FortiClient’s key features include:
• Antispyware & Antivirus - Offers a comprehensive security protection against spyware, viruses, keyloggers, adware, trojans, and greyware for smartphones and Windows-based desktops and laptops. Smartphone support for Symbian OS based smartphones is also available.
• Secure SSL and IPsec VPN - Allows Windows-based mobile devices like laptops, smartphones, and desktops access to enterprise applications with DES/3DES secure data encryption.
• Enhanced Antispam – There is a built-in antispam function for MS Outlook for Windows-based PCs (desktop and laptops)
• Web Filtering - Offers real-time access enforcement through web content filters to secure compliance for Windows-based machines.
• Personal Firewall - Enforces appropriate access control for applications and tracks network traffic on desktops, laptops, and smartphones (both Symbian-based and non- Symbian).