FontCreator is an application for editing and creating fonts. The program’s interface is simple and intuitive, but packed with features. It consists of drawing tools, conversion tools, and tools for changing the characteristics of existing fonts. The buttons and tools for doing tasks can be found on the main window. When editing fonts, users can use the simple glyph index to change the look of the font. The height and baseline of the character is shown to get more accurate results. Users can also view a comparison of the characters by looking at the before and after image.
FontCreator also has an automatic naming wizard that displays the font family name, subfamily name, unique font identifier, full font name, version string, and the postscript name for the font. The application supports all popular types of encoding and code pages including ANSI, Symbol, ASCII, Wansung, Big 5, PRC, and many more.
Other features of the FontCreator application include the following:
• Extract TrueType fonts from TrueType font collections
• Support for up to 65,535 glyphs for each font
• Import vector and bitmap images to the program (BMP, PNG, EPS, PDF, and GIF)
• Correct incorrectly displayed fonts
• Install fonts in Windows systems