Express Dictate is an audio recording program that functions the same way as a Dictaphone. It makes use of advanced audio processing and compressing technology that makes sure all recordings are clear. All audio recordings can be saved in MP3, WAV, or DCT format. All recorded files can be sent in different methods (express delegate, email, FTP, command-line, or file copy). As an added security, users can create a password and encrypt the file before sending it to contacts.
The program has a voice-activated recording feature. This means that silences during dictation are not included in the recording. It also prompts users to open a file containing information before the recording process begins. Other main features of the program are listed below:
• Support for attachment of additional files, such as notes and comments to the recording before sending them
• Several record modes to choose from (record at end, record overwrite, and record insert)
• Has a Dock Analog feature that supports usage of handy recording devices
• Users can view a work progress report
• Support for usage of hotkeys that allows users to work on other windows while dictating and recording
Express Dictate has a simple and intuitive interface that novice computer users will be able to manage.