Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery is a security program used for unlocking documents and retrieving passwords. This is a professional tool that is mostly used by companies that offer data recovery services. It makes used of advanced technologies to make the recovery process easier. Aside from opening locked documents and getting lost passwords, the application is also capable of recovering encrypted keys. It supports different types of applications and file formats including Microsoft Office, OpenDoucment, Adobe Acrobat PDF, System Passwords, and devices like BlackBerry, and iPhones, iPads, and iPods. The application makes use of both dictionary and brute-force attacks in order to retrieve passwords. Since the program is made for large-scale businesses, it can support up to 10,000 systems.
In addition to those mentioned above, other features of the Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery program are the following:
• Users and administrators are able to keep track of all the activities done with the application, such as password recovery jobs that are ongoing and activities users are doing with the program
• Has queue control feature for managing jobs to be performed
• Support for plugins that enables the program to accommodate additional formats
• Data recovery can be done through the Internet or via LAN (Local Area Network)
• Has patented hardware acceleration technology for faster retrieval of information