DivXLand Media Subtitler is an application which allows users to create, edit, and input subtitles into different movie file types such as AVI, MPG, and WMV. A subtitle is a text version of a file or television program which appears on the screen. This works as a visual aid to those who do not speak the language spoken on the video. The process of creating subtitles includes having the text on a plain text file and ensuring that it is inputted on the media corresponding to the scene when the dialogue is being spoken.
With DivXLand Media Subtitler, users can make subtitles using files which are plain text or from clipboard images. The software enables previewing of media which is subtitled without saving and pausing the editing process for completion at a later time. It can automatically set caption timing and correct it if needed. Other features include the following:
• Multiple modes for subtitling
• Use of keyboard shortcuts for easier and faster subtitling
• Spell Check. This feature allows users to check the spelling of the subtitles depending on what language is used.
• Subtitle embedding. This feature allows users to embed files which are subtitled to AVI videos.
• Audio Extraction. This feature allows a user to extract the audio from a movie file for easy transcription and subtitle creation.