Cubase for Windows is a digital audio workstation developed by Steinberg Media Technologies. It was first released on April 1989. The program is specifically used for creating, editing, recording, and arranging music.
Cubase offers the following features:
• Music Composition – The application provides different tools for MIDI sequencing. It has a Score Editor, Drum Editor, and List Editor all necessary for music production. Aside from this, it also features VST Expression that offers a means to work with multiple controller values, dynamics, and instrument articulations. The Chord Track and Chord Assistant features are available as well for manipulating and facilitating chords.
• Music Recording – Cubase offers basic and advanced recording functionality. It features the next-generation audio engine providing high quality music. Its audio engine features retrospective recording, FX handling, and I/O handling function. There is also the Control Room providing music producers with a monitoring and recording environment.
• Music Editing – This audio workstation offers different tools for editing audio. It has a smart multi-track editor, sample editor, vocal editor, and pitch alteration tool.
• Mixing – A mixing environment is also available in Cubase for Windows allowing users to mix audio in surround or stereo.
• Instruments and Effects – The application features channel strip modules, VST Amp Rack, Voxengo CurveEQ, REVerence, and PitchCorrect tools, which are all dedicated to provide different audio effects and instruments for music production.