Corel Painter Essentials 4 is an application that allows users to turn digital photos into paintings and sketches. Creating paintings and sketches from photos can be done in just three steps: (1) open the photo, (2) choose from the painting styles, and (3) let the application create the painting with realistic brush strokes.
The application has a redesigned workspace that displays all the tools for creating paintings and sketches. One of the features of Corel Painter Essentials is the Smart Stroke Technology. This technology paints over the photo following the contours and strokes of the image in order to create a realistic image. The technology uses different brush sizes and pressure based on the details of the photo. There are several drawing and painting tools included in the program, such as a brush drawer, mixer palette, colors palette, and magic wand tool. There are also different paper textures that users can choose from.
Corel Painter Essentials 4 comes with Natural-Media Tools. Some of these tools are:
• RealBristle Brushes – reproduces the movement of a real brush
• Charcoal Brushes – reproduces the look of using a real charcoal stick
• Pens – recreates the look of using a calligraphy pen
• Nozzles – effects brushes that come with several images
• Pattern Pens – adds patterns in varying sizes and transparency to the image