COMODO Time Machine or CTM is a system utility that allows users to restore their system to a previous point. The application takes snapshots of the system’s settings to use as rollback later on. This program is useful when upgrading the system or making changes to the settings. The application’s main window has six sections – View Snapshots, Take a Snapshot, Scheduled Tasks, Restore System, Recover Files, and Reset Baseline. Users can switch to any of these tabs to manage the application and make the necessary changes.
Other features of the COMODO Time Machine program are the following:
• Simple and intuitive interface that even novice computer users will be able to operate
• Has a scheduling feature that allows users to set a time when to take snapshots of the system
• Comes with flexible restoring settings for recovering folders or just individual files
• Has built-in boot up console for restoring settings even if the computer does not continue to boot up
• Recovers and saves changes to files and documents and not just the settings
The main configuration area is where users can view snapshots of the system, change settings for the application, and configure processes. The information area, which is located at the bottom part of the window, displays the name of the logged in user as well as the amount of free space on the disk.