Colin McRae Rally 2005 is the 2005 entry in the McRae racing game series. It was initially released on October 28, 2004. The game made changes in the damage/graphics engine allowing paint scratches on the vehicles. It features 70 stages distributed over nine countries including Japan, Greece, Australia, Sweden, Spain, and others. The game also features 30 different cars from different manufacturers (i.e. Ford, Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc.)
Colin McRae Rally 2004 features the same game modes with added features:
• Time Trial – This is a single-player game type, wherein the player’s goal is to attain the fastest record in racing history.
• Rally – The game still features the Rally game type, wherein the player can play on a full rally. In this mode, players can choose their name, nationality, car, and stage to play in. Creating custom rallies is still possible, which can be done via the custom slot available on the Rally Mode screen.
• Multiplayer – The game offers different multiplayer games including Catch Up and Handicap. Like previous installment,s players can play on a split screen or alternate modes. Playing over LAN is possible as well.
• Championship – The game still features the Championship mode, where players can use different types of vehicles in the game. In this mode, the player takes the role of Colin who competes in a total of six rallies.
• Career – This is a new mode added to the game where players begin with lower club leagues. As the player’s character progresses, the character can eventually compete with Colin McRae.