Auslogics BoostSpeed is an optimization tool used for cleaning and speeding up the computer. The program comes with a set of tools for cleaning the system’s registry, defragmenting the hard drive, speeding up the Internet connection, and retrieving deleted files. The program has a system advisor that provides a detailed view of the system’s overall health. With the tool, users can see the areas of the system that can be improved. Some of the tools included in the program are listed below:
• Disk Doctor – The Disk Doctor analyzes the hard drives to see if there are problems that need to be addressed. It is advisable to run this tool monthly to check for bad sectors and errors that can slow down the system.
• Internet Optimizer – This tool is used for speeding up the Internet connection speed. It tweaks the different connection settings to optimize it for the computer’s Internet connection. It performs a connection test first before changes are made.
• Registry Cleaner – The Registry Cleaner gets rid of unnecessary items in the registry. It also fixes errors found.
• Disk Wiper – The Disk Wiper makes sure that programs and files deleted from the computer remain deleted. The tool disables System Restore so that deleted files cannot be retrieved.
• Registry Defrag – The tool boosts the system’s performance by defragmenting the fragmented files on the computer. This makes applications launch faster.