Atari Arcade Hits 1 is a suite of games Atari games that was first released in 1999. The game allows users to play 6 classic Atari games, which are:
• Asteroids – In this game, players must control a spaceship and destroy saucers and asteroids that come their way. The player must be careful not to come in contact with the objects and must also avoid the counter fires that come from the enemies. The goal is to score the biggest number of points.
• Centipede – Centipede is a shooting game where players control a small object at the bottom of the screen. The goal is to shoot the centipedes that advance towards the bottom of the screen.
• Missile Command – In this game, the player is tasked to be the commander of an anti-missile entity. The player has to protect 6 cities that are bombarded with missiles.
• Pong – Pong is a simple tennis game where players go against the computer and hit a ball. When the ball does not get hit by the opponent, the player gets a point. The goal is to get the most number of points in each game.
• Super Breakout – Super Breakout is a game where players must eliminate the bricks on the screen by bouncing a ball of them. There are three game types – Double, Cavity, and Progressive.
• Tempest – In this game, players must survive and get points while dodging and killing enemies in a field or tube.