Assassin’s Creed is an action adventure game released in 2008. It is the first game in the Assassin’s Creed series of video games. In the game, players control the character Altaïr Ibn-La’Ahad, an assassin who takes orders from Al Mualim, the head of the Assassins. The player’s main goal is to get to the highest rank of the Assassin Order. This can be done by carrying out assassinations. The game is set in different locations (Holy Land, Jerusalem, Damascus, and Acre) and takes place in 1191 during the Third Crusade.
Assassin’s Creed is also a game of stealth. The assassination missions must be carried out by Altaïr without being detected by officials and enemies. Players can keep track of Altaïr’s stealth by watching the Alertness Level Meter, which becomes red during high alert. Altaïr makes use of different forms of attacks and weapons in the game. Here are some of them:
• Fist – Altaïr’s basic weapon is his fists. He can engage in fist fights with enemies when weapons are not equipped. However, this is a weak form of fighting and is not much effective for enemies with armor.
• Hidden Blade – The hidden blade is the iconic form of attack used by The Assassins. The hidden blade can be upgraded. It is a retractable weapon that is hidden beneath the arm.
• Short Blade – The short blade has a fast swing rate and it comes with a wooden handle or a metal handle. This weapon is useful for low-ranking enemies.
• Throwing Knives – These are small blades that are effective for killing enemies without armor. Altaïr uses throwing knives for killing enemies at a distance or for injuring them.
• Swords and Maces – Swords and Maces are the standard weapons used by Assassins and military units. These weapons have great power and allow players to attack quickly.