Ashampoo WinOptimizer is an application that optimizes the system to keep it running in tiptop condition. The program consists of several tools for improving the system’s overall performance. Some of these tools include:
• One-click Optimizer – This tool is used for scanning the computer and deleting the junk files and unnecessary components that are found. Removing unnecessary items cleans the system and frees up space that can be used for other programs or files.
• Defrag – Defragmenting the system optimizes the computer’s performance and makes launching programs faster.
• Disk Space Explorer – This tool shows a visual representation of the files and folders that take up most space in the computer. It displays the name of the item, number of folders, files, the total size, and the percentage of size. A pie chart also displays this information.
• Drive Cleaner – The Drive Cleaner is a tool that removes junk files from a selected hard drive. Once the tool finishes the scan, it moves all the junk items found to the Recycle Bin and users can delete them from the system later on.
• File Wiper – The File Wiper is a tool that can be used for permanently deleting files and folders from the computer. Users can delete individual files, entire folders, or the recycle bin. Once these have wiped from the system, they can never be recovered even when a special program is used.