Arcsoft PhotoImpression 5 is an image editing application that consists of basic and advanced editing tools for digital images. The program consists of six modules. These are:
• Get Photo – allows users to import photos from digital cameras or from a folder in the computer
• Enhance – consists of editing tools for retouching and modifying the look of photos
• Create – allows users to add elements to the photo (frames, effect, text, objects, etc)
• Project – users can create photo calendars, scrapbooks, and photo books
• Print – allows users to print out a copy or multiple copies of photos
• Send – send edited photos through email
Photos imported to the program can be viewed in multiple ways. They can be displayed as thumbnails or users can also browse through the gallery in full screen. Arcsoft PhotoImpression 5 also consists of an easy fix wizard that will help users to edit the photos by providing step-by-step instructions. For advanced photo editors, there are manual fix tools for changing the brightness, hue, contrast, and saturation of the images.
The program can also be used as a photo organizer. Users can add tags to photos to sort them in different categories. The program also comes with a stacking feature that stacks all related images together.